DWL is hiring!
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to provide extra support for a busy translation service provider specialising in the life sciences.
As a Project Manager at DWL you will:
- Operate within DWL’s quality management system and ISO 9001 certification.
- Handle key accounts as part of the project management team.
- Be responsible for quotations, order handling and quality control of the translations.
- Be working on projects in the medical / pharmaceutical field, including regulatory projects for submission to the European Medicines Agency (involving up to 24 languages).
- Set up and process all compatible translation projects in memoQ.
- Be responsible for the final MS-Word processing of the translations to ensure that they respect either the original format or the standard requested by the client.
- When required, work paid overtime (evenings, occasional weekends).
- We are looking for a committed and dynamic person with excellent communication skills and strong knowledge of both spoken and written English and project management experience of ideally 2 years or more.
- Languages: knowledge of at least 2 European languages other than English is essential, and some understanding of the nature of scientific publications and documents, particularly regulatory/pharmaceutical/medical documentation, is a bonus.
- Regulatory: familiarity with EMA templates and standard terminology for this type of documentation would be ideal but is not essential.
- Accuracy: accurate and thorough quality control is essential to ensure that all the material delivered to clients complies with DWL quality standards.
- IT: computer literacy and strong MS-Word processing skills are essential as the project management occasionally requires the preparation/finalisation of layout/format for the translated documents. Must be experienced in working with a CAT tool (preferably memoQ).
- Desirable: flexibility and positive thinking to work in a small busy team always striving to find creative solutions to optimise client and translator satisfaction whilst working in an enjoyable environment.
Based in Hammersmith, we are a team of 12 staff.